With Apple’s release of their new operating system, macOS Sierra, they included a lot of new features and changed some old ones. One feature that changed is how you zoom in and out on your screen. In this article, we’ll show you how to zoom in and out on your screen using the mouse wheel on a Mac running macOS Sierra.
How to use the mouse wheel to zoom in on a Mac
The mouse wheel is a great way to zoom in on a Mac. To use the mouse wheel to zoom in, simply place your cursor over the area you want to zoom in on and use the scroll wheel to zoom in. You can also hold the “Ctrl” key while scrolling to zoom in even more.
How to change the zoom level in System Preferences
Zoom is a built-in feature of Mac that lets you enlarge the screen. You can use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out, or you can go to System Preferences and adjust the zoom level. Here’s how:
1. Click the Apple menu icon in the top left corner of your screen.
2. Click System Preferences.
3. Click Accessibility.
4. Click Zoom in the left sidebar.
5. Check the box next to Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom.
6. Choose an option from the drop-down menu next to the scroll gesture: Control, Option, or Command (the default).
7. To have Zoom follow your cursor when you scroll, check the box next to Follow focus while zooming.
8. To have Zoom use smooth images when available, check the box next to Smooth images.
9. Close System Preferences and start zooming!
How to use keyboard shortcuts to zoom in on a Mac
If you’re like me, you probably spend a lot of time staring at a computer screen. And if you’re looking for a way to make your life a little bit easier, learning some keyboard shortcuts is a great way to do it.
One of my favorite keyboard shortcuts is the ability to zoom in on a Mac using the mouse wheel. Here’s how it works:
1. Place your cursor over the area of the screen that you want to zoom in on.
2. Press and hold the “Command” key on your keyboard.
3. While still holding down the “Command” key, use your mouse wheel to zoom in or out.
This shortcut is really helpful when you’re trying to get a closer look at something on your screen, or if you just want to make the text a little bit bigger or smaller. I hope this tip helps you out!
How to use trackpad gestures to zoom in on a Mac
If you have a trackpad, there are a few gestures you can use to zoom in and out on your Mac. To zoom in, place two fingers on the trackpad and move them apart. To zoom out, place two fingers on the trackpad and move them together. You can also double-tap with two fingers to quickly zoom in, or triple-tap to zoom out.
Zooming in on a Mac with a mouse wheel is easy to do and can be a helpful way to get a closer look at something on your screen. To zoom in, simply scroll up on the mouse wheel. To zoom out, scroll down. You can also use the pinch gesture on a trackpad to zoom in and out. Give it a try next time you’re using your Mac!