Journalism majors need laptops that can handle big projects and long hours of work. Here are 10 of the best laptops for journalism majors, complete with specs and pros and cons.
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
The MacBook Pro is a great choice for journalism majors. It has a large screen, great specs, and is lightweight enough to carry with you everywhere.
The only downside of the MacBook Pro is its price tag. But if you can afford it, this laptop will serve you well for everything from writing articles to editing video.
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2020)
The 2020 MacBook Air has a 13.3-inch Retina display with True Tone technology and a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. It is powered by a 1.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i3 processor with Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.2GHz. The laptop has 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage space.
The MacBook Air (13-inch, 2020) is a great choice for journalism majors. It has a powerful processor and a high-resolution display, making it perfect for editing photos and videos. The laptop also has enough storage space to save all of your important files and documents.
One downside of the MacBook Air (13-inch, 2020) is that it only has two USB-C ports. This means that you will need to purchase an adapter if you want to use traditional USB devices or connect to an external monitor.
Overall, the MacBook Air (13-inch, 2020) is a great choice for journalism majors who need a powerful and portable laptop.
Dell XPS (Late 2020)
The Dell XPS 13 is one of the most popular laptops for students and professionals alike. It’s perfect for those who need a powerful and portable laptop that can handle any task thrown its way.
The specs on the XPS 13 are impressive, to say the least. It’s powered by an Intel Core i7 processor and has 16GB of RAM. The display is a 13.3-inch FHD+ InfinityEdge touchscreen with a resolution of 1920×1080. Plus, it comes with a 512GB SSD and Windows 10 Pro-pre-installed.
As for ports, the XPS 13 has two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports, a microSD card reader, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The only downside to the XPS 13 is that it’s not exactly cheap. But, if you need a top-of-the-line laptop that will last you for years to come, it’s definitely worth the investment.
- 【Memory & Storage】Memory is 8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is 256GB PCIe Solid State Drive which allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 【Processor】11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 Dual-Core 3.0GHz Processor (6MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 4.10GHz) Intel UHD Graphics
- 【Screen】15.6" HD Touchscreen (1366 x 768) Display
- BIGGER SCREEN, SMALLER FOOTPRINT - The HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC is about sustainability while blending performance and comfort
- THOUGHTFULLY CRAFTED - Crafted with sustainable, post-consumer recycled plastics and a comfortable, lifted keyboard so it feels good on your mind and in your hands
- POWER THROUGH - Multitasking is easy and fast with the performance of an 12th Generation Intel Core i5-1235U processor, powerful graphics and speedy Wi-Fi 6 technology
- 【Processor】The HP Pavilion Laptop is equipped with an Intel Core i5-1335U processor, offering the ability to turbo boost up to 4.6GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology. With 12MB L3 cache, 10 cores and 12 threads, this processor delivers excellent performance for gaming and multitasking.
- 【Display】With the 15.6-inch FHD IPS touchscreen, your entertainment just got pushed to the very edge. Get expansive, 1920 x 1080(Full HD) resolution, vibrant images with awesome colors, and intuitively control your PC right from the screen.
- 【Upgraded】The HP Pavilion Laptop comes with up to 64GB of DDR4-3200 MHz RAM, which provides fast and efficient multitasking capabilities. Additionally, it is equipped with a up to 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, offering ample storage for your games, files, and applications.
- 【Memory & Storage】The PC memory has been upgraded to 8GB DDR4 SDRAM for enhanced high bandwidth to easily switch back and forth between open applications; Hard drive has been upgraded to 64GB eMMC for fast boot up and speedy data transfer
- 【Processor】Intel Celeron N4120 Processor (4 Cores, 4 Threads, Base Frequency at 1.1 GHz, Up to 2.6 GHz at Max Turbo Frequency), with Intel UHD Graphics 600
- 【Screen】14" diagonal, HD (1366 x 768), micro-edge, BrightView, 220 nits, 45% NTSC
- 【High Speed RAM And Enormous Space】32GB high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 【Processor】13th Gen Intel Core i7-1355U Processor (10 Cores, 12 Threads, 1.2 GHz Base Frequency, Up to 5.0 GHz Max Turbo Frequency), with Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 【Display】17.3" diagonal, HD+ (1600 x 900), Touch, BrightView, 250 nits, 60% NTSC
Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
The Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 is one of the best laptops for journalism majors, as it is incredibly powerful and has a large screen. This laptop is also great for gaming and other demanding tasks, as it has a very capable graphics card.
The only downside to this laptop is that it is quite expensive, but it is definitely worth the price if you need a high-powered machine.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Max-Q
Screen Size: 14 inches
Storage: 1TB SSD
Razer Blade 15
There are many different laptops on the market that are designed for different purposes. If you are a journalism major, you need a laptop that is powerful enough to handle all of your tasks, including video and audio editing, as well as web browsing and research. The Razer Blade 15 is one of the best laptops for journalism majors, offering a great blend of power and portability.
The Razer Blade 15 is a gaming laptop that has been designed with power in mind. It features a quad-core Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. This laptop also has a 15.6-inch Full HD display, making it perfect for editing videos and photos.
One of the best things about the Razer Blade 15 is that it comes with a built-in Thunderbolt 3 port. This means that you can easily connect external storage devices, such as hard drives and SSDs, to your laptop. This is perfect for journalists who need to store large amounts of data.
The only downside to the Razer Blade 15 is that it is quite expensive. However, if you need a powerful and portable laptop for your journalism studies, it is definitely worth the investment.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 3
The best laptop for journalism majors is one that can handle all of your writing and research needs while also being portable enough to take with you on the go. The Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 is the perfect choice for journalism majors who need a powerful and reliable laptop that can handle any task.
The Surface Laptop 3 has a beautiful 13.5-inch display that is perfect for writing articles or researching online. It is also lightweight and portable, so you can easily take it with you to meetings or interviews. The battery life is excellent, so you can keep working even when there is no outlet available.
The Surface Laptop 3 comes with Windows 10 pre-installed, so you will have all of the latest features and security updates. It also comes with Microsoft Office 365, so you can get started on your writing projects right away. The Surface Laptop 3 has everything you need to be a successful journalist.
Dell Latitude 2-in-1
If you’re a journalism major, you know that having a laptop is essential. After all, most of your work will be done on this computer. That’s why it’s important to choose the best laptop for journalism majors.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a laptop for journalism. First, you’ll need a computer that is fast and powerful enough to handle all of your work. Second, you’ll want a laptop with a long battery life so that you can stay connected even when there isn’t an outlet nearby. Third, you’ll need a laptop with a large screen so that you can see your work clearly. And finally, you’ll want a laptop that is lightweight and portable so that you can take it with you wherever you go.
The Dell Latitude 2-in-1 is one of the best laptops for journalism majors. It has all the features that you need, including a fast processor, long battery life, and a large screen. Plus, it’s lightweight and portable so that you can take it with you wherever you go. If you’re looking for the best laptop for journalism majors, the Dell Latitude 2-in-1 is the perfect choice.
HP Spectre x13t
The HP Spectre x13t is one of the best laptops for journalism majors. It has a great design and is very lightweight, making it perfect for carrying around with you. The laptop also has a great display and a powerful processor.
The only downside to this laptop is that it is a bit more expensive than some of the other laptops on this list. However, the price is worth it for the features and quality that you get with this laptop.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is one of the best laptops for journalism majors. It has a lightweight design, making it easy to carry around. It also has a long battery life, so you can work on your stories without having to worry about running out of power. Plus, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon comes with a fingerprint reader, so you can keep your work safe and secure.
However, there are some downsides to the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon. First, it’s not the most powerful laptop on the market. So, if you need a lot of processing power for video editing or other resource-intensive tasks, you might want to consider another option. Second, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon is a bit more expensive than some of the other laptops on this list. But, if you need a durable and reliable laptop for your journalism major, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon is definitely worth considering.
Apple MacBook Pro (15-inch
The Apple MacBook Pro is one of the best laptops for journalism majors due to its powerful specs and features. Some of the standout specs include a 15.4-inch Retina display, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and 512 GB of flash storage.
The MacBook Pro also comes with a built-in FaceTime HD webcam, which is perfect for video chatting or Skype calls. It also has a backlit keyboard, which makes it easy to type in low-light conditions.
One of the downsides of the MacBook Pro is its price tag. It’s one of the most expensive laptops on the market, so it might not be the best option for everyone. Another downside is that it doesn’t come with a dedicated graphics card, so it might not be the best choice for gamers or power users.
If you’re looking for a powerful and feature-rich laptop for your journalism studies, the MacBook Pro should definitely be at the top of your list.